Instagram is a mobile app that lets you share images online, and it can be a great tool to market your business. But there is however, a limitation. Officially Instagram is only available on a mobile device. While you can like, view and comment on Instagram posts from the people you follow on a computer, you can’t actually upload any of your own content from your computer to Instagram. So how to go about having edited and branded images?
There are several ‘solutions’ to upload edited or branded images from your desktop computer to your Instagram account. There are Gramblr, Deskgram, Bluestacks, Instapic, and I’m sure there are more apps out there that are able to post from a computer to Instagram one way or the other. But in my opinion the best and simplest workaround to post from a computer to Instagram, is Dropbox.
Dropbox is a free app that allows you to easily share images and other content, with others but also with yourself from your computer to a mobile device such as a phone or tablet for instance. You can edit images on your computer with tools like Photoshop or Canva and then save them to your Dropbox folder on your computer. If you have Dropbox installed on your phone or tablet you can share the image from your Dropbox to your Instagram account.
How to upload images from computer to Instagram in steps:
1. Install Dropbox on your computer and create a folder and name it ‘Instagram’.
2. Add your edited or branded images to this folder on your computer.
3. Install Dropbox on your mobile device.
4. Click the Dropbox icon on your mobile to open its folder.
5. Search trough the folder names for your folder ‘Instagram’ and open it.
6. Search for the image you want to upload to Instagram.
7. Tap the little arrow next to it and choose ‘export’.
8. Then choose from the options ‘Instagram’.
9. The chosen image will be opened in the Instagram app, where you can crop,
add a filter to it, add hashtags and post it.
It is as simple as that!
This is a workaround for Androids but it works almost the same for iOs. And this will work with other cloud storage services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Copy etc. as well.
Don´t want to miss out on any handy tips? Then subscribe to our Tips & Tricks Newsletter!